Charles C. KellyPartner
I have practiced law with Hersh & Hersh since 2002, handling catastrophic injury cases in diverse areas of law including premises liability, product liability, and medical negligence. Noteworthy cases with complex liability and damage issues that I have successfully resolved include:
- A premises liability action against a Bay Area motel for the sexual assault of a guest in her room by an unknown intruder.
- A product liability action against the manufacturer of a defective infant crib, which led to the recall of the infant crib.
- A premises liability and negligence action against a treatment center for children with autism after my client, a 6 year-old child, lost her finger in the machinery of a treatment device.
- A medical malpractice action against a Bay Area hospital after a nurse failed to properly monitor the fetal heart rate resulting in severe brain injury in the newborn.
- A dangerous condition of public property action against the State of California for a defective median barrier located on Interstate 80 in Solano County.
- A product liability action against the manufacturer of a medical device used to repair meniscus tears that failed post-operatively and caused permanent damage to a firefighter.
I enjoy challenges both in and out of the courtroom. I practice Muay Thai (Thai kickboxing), snowboard, and hike and mountain climb. Recently, I have summitted Mt. Shasta in Northern California, and Mt. Fuji in Japan. I have two stepchildren and my wife is also an attorney representing injured persons.
For commentary, legal news and trends you can follow me on twitter at sfpilaw.
J.D., Indiana University at Bloomington School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana, 1985
Honors: Cum Laude
B.A., University of Massachusetts, Amherst, 1982
U.S. District Court Northern District of California
Consumer Attorneys of California
San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association
American Association for Justice
100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation